Saturday, January 29, 2011

Meeting Asciepius Unit 7

I have been doing much better with my meditation and breathing techniques.  They have helped with my stress level at home and work.  When it gets really bad I go in the bathroom for a few minutes it does wonders.  I have combined  meditation with  prayer and it has made for  stronger and longer concentration and peace of mind.
I also combined breathing and meditation techniques to help with the pain of one of my headaches, it allowed me to stay at work for the rest of the day without having to take any thing until hours later.

However I had a hard time focusing and keeping my concentration while trying to do the exercises "Meeting Asciepius" on track #4. According to the instructions we had to concentrate on a wise person.  My mind kept wondering and thinking why can't I concentrate on an object or an inner point within myself?  I would regain control but lose it again each time the voice would give instruction with the wise person, light was now emitting from the wise person.  Then further on in the track it was revealed, that it was supposed to represent our inner essence.  I will more than likely have to do this exercise again, now that I understand what the object of the concentration is really on.

The saying:  "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself".  Simply means that unless someone has taken that journey they cannot possibly be in any position to instruct another on that journey.  They need someone who would be able to guide them through all the pitfalls, trails, tribulations and rewards of a journey.
It would be have to be someone who had gone this way before, one who would instill trust in his students.

Deb-

3 comments:

  1. Deb-
    It is great that practicing meditation and prayer has helped your headaches. If you have a stressful day that is causing your headaches, maybe taking a few minutes at lunch or break to do your exercises could help your headaches even more.

    I think each one of us has to find a way to get to our inner peace, from what I have been reading you need to do the practices for a long time to achieve the outcome they are looking for. It is a good start to practice, I did not see my inner light, but I did get to the inner spectrum with my father, maybe with more practice I achieve the total inner light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb,

    I like how you described the meditation practice. I didn't think about it as being our inner essence, but that makes sense. The person that we pictured is most likely to be someone that we already are trying to emulate. This exercise just deepens the assurance that we are succeeding in emulating them. It is admirable that you are that good at meditation that you can meditate through a headache in the midst of work. Great job and thanks for the inspiration!
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    It is so wonderful that you have been making such great strides with your meditation and breathing practices. It really is amazing that meditation and relaxation techniques can effect your health in such a positive way. I think that in time, you will begin to see even more of the difference that these techniques can make in your life.

    ReplyDelete