Sunday, January 2, 2011

Unit 3

I had to update my blog I missed identifying each aspect of well being by using the scale rating.

Physical well being is good- so I would have to rate that about a 5 becasue I don't do enough exercise- will focus more in the new year
Spiritual well being is better than good- this will be rated a 8,  I focus on this more -it encourages me in my life, I still need to do more meditation.
Psychological well being is better than good-  this is about a 7 due to the focus of my spiritual life my psycological life is better.  I will be doing more relaxation tecniques which helps releive  mental stress
I will be striving to increase my physical activities which will stimulate the rest my mental also
I found The Crime of the Century  rather  frustrating, the voice was grating not calming at all, and the colors and the up and down lines not soothing, had to close my eyes.  If found myself thinking, I could have been doing something constructive around the house or reading some of the chapters. 
Blogging is still not fun. Not easy for me to navigate yet. But I will perservere!
Deborah Ward

3 comments:

  1. Deborah,
    It was nice to read your post however you did not put numbers on your responses to your overall well being in each area so this made it difficult to know how you felt you were doing in each area. You may want to change that so that she will give you full credit for following the instructions of the assignment. Just trying to help you out.
    It is good that you feel that spiritually and psychologically you are doing better than average. It sounds like you are like me and need to continue working on the physical area.
    When you said that you are going to focus more of the physical area of your life in the new year do you have a plan or goal on how you are going to do this?
    Sorry that you did not enjoy the relaxation exercise. I found some parts of it beneficial as well as frustrating.
    Sorry that you are not enjoying the blogging thing. I personally enjoy reading everyones blogs and responding to as many as possible. I love learning more about others and sharing my experiences with them. Good luck in your goals in the future

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah,
    The relaxation voice is not the most calming voice but doing the exercise with your eyes shut is the most beneficial way. The picture is what your mind creates and that is how you become more relaxed, you are to imagine what he describes. I enjoyed the exercise but do agree with you that a better voice is needed for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with on not getting enough exercise sometimes it seems so frustrating or seems like to much but i am determined as well to start focusing on my psychological and physical health more they are just as important. I wasn't really as frustrated with the voice as i was more uncomfortable. i tend to like female voices or even deep voices more then i like soft male voices because of past issues. i think you did a great post and it was nice to read your views on yourself and the excercise

    cristina holcomb

    ReplyDelete