Friday, January 21, 2011

Assessment Unit 6



I tried the loving kindness exercise on page 93. I stick by my initial thoughts this particular exercise is not my cup of tea. I am a prayer, I will pray for individuals who are suffering or  those who need to find health,happiness and wholeness.   I like the subtle mind much better I get more out of it. I find I like to be quiet for a little while, it helps me  to focus on what is really important and to find my center.  This helps especially after a long day at work, I find myself easily frustrated after working with budgets and problems all day. This and the breathing exercises helps to quiet my insides ( if that makes sense) so that I am not easily jangled when the rest of the family trickle in from work.  I have noticed that afterwards I am calmer and it is easier for me to joke and laugh even when I am left alone with a sink full of dirty dishes and my computer for company.

Deb-

3 comments:

  1. The breathing exercises and meditation helps me to really relieve the stress from a day a work. It is not always easy to find a quiet time to do all the exercises. I really like the name of your blog. Sometimes it hard to grow old gracefully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a prayer girl to all my life but i guess its how u use these exercises. I like all of these different exercises because they each focus on something different. Prayer is great too and i will continue to go to god forever but its ok to have relaxation exercises to helps us focus on positive aspects in life. Great post and i loved reading your views. Cristina Holcomb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to that. Prayer is what I am use to. The relaxation techniques takes a while for me to just get into it. This is something that I have never done before this class. To destress when I come home I lock myself in my room and draw myself a nice bath. I think that meditation is good for those who seem to get more out of it. This is just going to take some getting use to, I still don't know if I will use it after this class.

    ReplyDelete