Friday, January 14, 2011

The Subtle Mind



Unfortunately I cannot really answer any of the questions pertaining to this particular practice because my disc had static on almost the entire track.  I was able to hear up until the female voice was explaining how to bring the mind back if it starts to wander. Then I heard this awful scratching in my ears, I had my headphones on, it was so intrusive I pulled them off!  Pulled me completely out of any comfortable plane I had started to relax into.  I have to say it was awful! I continued to listen, hoping maybe it was just skipping but the scratching continued  non-stop until it automatically switched to track #4.

I decided maybe I could do something if I just read it in the book and followed the directions from there.  It can be done but I was only able to do it for a very short time. It is very hard to block out all the stuff going on around you in the beginning without a soothing sound to concentrate on like the waves of the ocean.  It is also harder to concentrate on the breathing without it also.  The mind wander frequently.  In the beginning, one really needs the sounds or something else soothing to focus on. 

Deb-


4 comments:

  1. Hi Deb,

    If you able to go to doc sharing, you are able to download the practice into your computer and you can listen to it from there. As far as that, I believe it is difficult to do this exercise by following the book. I feel although I may have had a difficult time incorporating this practice and following it all the way through, the CD is so much better. The exercise is similar to the loving kindness however this is more extreme and actually helps you to be aware of your mind. This practice is suppose to help you train and take control of your mind even though you find yourself wandering off. So I hope you get to try it again by getting in doc sharing. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same problem with my disk however there is the sound track in doc sharing. I had to listen to this for the exercise. I wonder how many disk are like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might be there attempt because my disc was like this too. It muse be a bad batch of cd's but doc sharing did help. I really love both exercises . I think you will do much better to find the one in doc sharing and try again but at least you did take the time to try.

    cristina holcomb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also had problems with the disc. After I had posted my comments about it, I read others that had a great experience and decided to check the track in doc. sharing. It worked perfectly.

    ReplyDelete