Saturday, February 5, 2011

Beneficial exercises Unit 8

In this class I  have had the opportunity to open my horizons  to a variety of experiences I may not have done otherwise.  The two exercises I think I will be taking away with me and proceeding to incorporate in my everyday life are the deep breathing and meditation exercises.  Once I allowed my self to be open to these two exercises I was surprised first that they actually worked and once I got the hang of them, how easy they were to fall into a rhythm.  The meditation exercise I will be mixing with my prayer life for a more spiritual focus. The breathing helps me with stress and pain. I will be melding that with my exercise plan that I will be focusing on implementing sooner than later along with my daily walking.
These two seem to work for me the best now and seem to fit in with my current lifestyle.  I would like to think I have enough of an open mind to consider that later on maybe I can think about adding subtle mind or other exercises we have learned.
Deb-

2 comments:

  1. Deb-
    Those are great choices, it sounds like you have a great plan to work on your integral health. I didn't think about tying all the things together but I like the idea, I may start meditation now after my running to gain a clearer focus. It is deffinitely important to have an open mind, expecially when change is necessary. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plan sounds like it would work great in my life too. Adding meditation right before my prayers will help me to get rid of all distractions beforehand, deepening my experience and providing more focus. The breathing exercises will also help me when I'm on the bike trail, in the spring. I don't have a stationary bike so I'm itching to get out there soon. I don't have any suggestions for you because I think you've worked out some good options. As a health care professional these exercises would also fit into many people's lives, making it easy to refer to patients. Thanks for providing some great options.

    ReplyDelete