Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Unit 10

Review the goals and activities you set for yourself in each area. Have you made progress toward the goals? Explain.
I am still packing my lunches and watching what I snack on at home.  Sometimes I backslide but most of the time I stay on track.   If I do snack on junk food I limit it to what the recommended amount is on the back of the package.  I have also started to buy the snacks that have the limit pre-packaged, 100 calorie snacks.

Have you implemented the activities you chose for your well-being in each of the three areas? Explain.

I am continuing with my meal planning, my meditation along with prayer and deep breathing exercises. I will be doing my physical exercising starting next week.  This week it is raining.

Summarize your personal experience throughout this course. Have you developed improved well-being? What has been rewarding? What has been difficult? How will this experience improve your ability to assist others?
I have experiences many things and done many things in this class I would not ordinary have done or been exposed to, but I have to say I am very glad I did them.  It has broadened my horizons and I will not be so timid for experiences that are foreign to me again. I may welcome them with open arms next time; never know what fun you might be passing up if you don’t.

Deborah Ward

6 comments:

  1. Hi Deborah,

    Nice blog for this week as we journey towards the end of this course. I wish you the best of luck in all you do and what you continue to do. Don't give up and always seek to be the best in what you do. I know you can do it. Your goals to continue to achieve total wellness of the body, mind and spirit are realistic and achievable. I am glad you got an enjoyment out of the course as much as I did. Remember to stay positive and you can accomplish anything. Good luck and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb,
    Great job on your final blog post and way to go! Your goals are practical to help you get into gear. I am a firm believer in packing lunches and stocking healthy foods (fruits and veggies) at home to alleviate the temptation of snacking on unhealthy foods. Now that you have made a committment to watch what you eat, I am sure that you will have no problem staying on track. Sure, we all backslide; we’re only human, but the really neat thing is that we are aware of what we need to do to take care of our health; body, spirit, and mind. It does pay to have an open mind as this helps us to try new things that we might not normally try. Yes, an open mind is one that can be educated. Thanks for the interaction. I wish you a roaring success with your academic and professional goals.

    ~Allana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Deborah,

    I just wanted to let you know that you did a wonderful job on your Final Project/Blog. I loved reading your thoughts and emotions and you did wonderful job putting every aspect in your point of view. I think that you are doing a great job on your overall wellness and remember that everyone will make mistakes but it is important that you stay committed and be dedicated to your goal. It seems that you your doing a great job with a plan and I think that you are well on your way to become an overall healthy person. I also believe that the prayer and deep meditation will help you in stressful times and you can replace negative thoughts with positive emotions.

    I have done a great job throughout this course and I have enjoyed reading your blogs throughout the term. Keep up the great work with all your goals and I wish you all the best with your career at Kaplan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deborah,

    It is a challenge to keep the course it seems as if you are doing well with your diet and eating habits. I have just gone back to weight watchers because I think I need a bit of structure and guidance for a little while. Have you thought of an alternative to physical activity for days the weather is bad? I am glad that you enjoyed the course, I feel the same as you do. I look forward to experiencing new things when it comes to my mind-body ans soul. Good luck to you and I wish you great wellness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you benefited quite well from this class. I think we all will in some way.It is great that you are sticking to your goals. Goals are so important and help us to keep going to reach them. Good luck in your future endeavors!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That a great idea eating those snacks that are 100 calorie snack packs. It keeps you from over eating and makes you more aware of your caloric intake when you are opening that second bag. Meditation and prayer are great exercises for releasing tension. That is one thing that I know works wonders. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete